Sprint Launch – University of Southampton
Please join the SCCoE in the launch of SPRINT (the Space , Research and Innovation Technology network). We will be highlighting the funds available through SPRINT to facilitate your work and collaboration with SMEs and how these funds are best accessed.
The Universities of Southampton, Leicester, Surrey, Edinburgh and the Open University have together formed SPRINT. The network has received a £4.8M grant to support SME businesses in the space sector engaging with Higher Education institutions. SPRINT promises to provide SMEs with unprecedented access to Southampton academic expertise and facilities.
How can you benefit?
Sprint gives funded access to the expertise and equipment of leading UK universities to support your new product and market programmes. It will support 150 projects over three years starting in April 2018. It will be delivered by five universities: Leicester; Open University, Southampton, Surrey and Edinburgh and can support businesses across the UK.
Projects can include:
- Materials and equipment for any aspect of the sector supply chain.
- Satellite sensor systems.
- Innovative processing and visualisation of satellite -derived data.
- Application of satellite-derived data in ANY industry or sector.
- Proof of concept studies.
- Exploring entry to the space sector.
Did you Know?
- Growing plants in a spacecraft led to devices that eliminated bacteria, viruses and moulds from air, surfaces and even laundry.
- Satellites help pinpoint the optimum sites for hydro-electric turbines.
- Space technology is used in hi-tech medical diagnostic equipment.
- NASA helped a company develop a kiln to turn waste plastic into petroleum products.
- GPS is crucial to development of autonomous vehicles.
- Technology from astronauts suits has helped women suffering from postpartum haemorrhage.
Present at the event will also be a number of key University Corporate partners and funders active in the Space sector to whom you can further highlight your expertise and interest in collaborative projects.
The event will be an important networking platform for you to meet with SMEs from the Space sector with various interests and challenges, allowing you to see how your expertise could be used to assist these companies.
To sign up for the event please use the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/university-of-southampton-sprint-launch-funding-smes-in-the-space-sector-tickets-54969278592